London, SE23 MAP
The northern part runs from Forest Hill station and is remarkably peaceful. The lower part of Stanstead Road is part of the busy South Circular Road leading to Catford.
It was named in 1892 and is mostly Victorian and Edwardian. Stanstead is a corruption of its 17th Century name, an old lane named Stanyhurst or Stonyhurst and was named after a local house.
Buses: 122. 185
Local pub: Blythe Hill Tavern, Railway Telegraph
Park: Blythe Hill Fields