southlondon guide.co.uk the definitive guide to South East & South West London

West Dulwich roads

 
SLG Home
Home History Information Property Advertise
SL Districts Welcome to West Dulwich roads  

Anerley & Penge
Beckenham
Bermondsey
Bexley
Blackheath
Borough
Brixton
Brockley
Bromley
Camberwell
Catford
Charlton
Croydon
Crystal Palace
Deptford
Dulwich Village
East Dulwich
Elephant and Castle
Eltham
Forest Hill
Greenwich
Herne Hill
Kennington
Lee
Lewisham
New Cross
Old Kent Road
Peckham
Rotherhithe
Southbank
Sydenham
Walworth
West Norwood
Woolwich

Info

Alleyn Crescent

Alleyn Park

Alleyn Road

West Dulwich (SE21) is bordered by Alleyn Park, Croxted Road, Rosendale Road and Thurlow Park Road (South Circular).Part of it =is i the Dulwich Estate which was established in the 17th Century by Edward Alleyn. It developed after the arrival of the railway and the new Dulwich College (1870).Click here for an 1862 map of the area


Buses:3, P13
Park: Belair Park 
Railway station: West Dulwich.
Shops: West Dulwich Shops

map
C20 development running between Alleyn Road and Alleyn Park. Named after Edward Alleyn, actor-manager, lord of the manor of Dulwich from 1606 to 1626, and Dulwich College Founder in 1619.

map
Overlooks Dulwich College playing fields. Named in 1877 after Edward Alleyn, actor-manager, lord of the manor of Dulwich from 1606 to 1626, and Dulwich College Founder in 1619. It was previously known as Palace Road. David Farrow of Black Narcissus fame was a famous resident.


map
Off Park Hall Road. Named after Edward Alleyn, actor-manager, lord of the manor of Dulwich from 1606 to 1626, and Dulwich College Founder in 1619.
       

Carson Road

Clive Road

Eastmearn Road

Loggetts

 
map
Victorian houses off Rosendale Road,
map
Busy road linking Dulwich and Upper Norwood. Many houses back onto Dulwich Park or green spaces. A working tollgate remains in use. Mixed period styles. Named after Dulwich College, the Old & New Colleges are sited on the road. Key Properties: Nos 11-15 (C18)
No 23  Bell Cottage (C18 weather boarded with Doric staircase),Bell House (1767 with alterations by Lutyens) No 41 (1721 altered) Nos 51-53

map
Mostly 4-5 bedrooms

map
Named in 1977.Three houses and six maisonettes on the site of 63 and 65 Alleyn Park, and named after an Elizabethan game, similar to that of 'Aunt Sally', and mentioned once in the Dulwich manor court rolls.

       

Park Hall Road

Rosendale Road

South Croxted Road

Thurlow Park Road

 
Map
Originally Park Road (1872) and renamed Park Hall Road in 1938. Until 1882, a mansion house known as Hall Place, (the manor house in the 16th and 17th centuries) stood at the corner of Park Hall Road and the west side of South Croxted Road.
Map
Off South Circular with good shops, Named in 1865 after Rosendale Hall, erected 1658 (demolished early C20).  The road was originally intended as a grand avenue leading towards the Crystal Palace,. Only part of Rosendale Road passes through the Dulwich Estate, and that only because the College bought the Knights Hill Estate in 1860.

Map
The southern end (towards Gipsy Hill) of Croxted. The line of the present road is that of Hall Lane, (as shown on a 16th century map). 

Map
Part of the South Circular Road.Mixed period style but mostly large Victorian house.Named after Lord Thurlow, the 18th century Lord Chancellor who owned the Knights Hill Estate. Dulwich College bought the Knights Hill Estate in 1860.

Dulwich Village Property Guide



MH Associates
(Est 1978)
Chartered Surveyors
for London & SE England

 

Dulwich Design
(c) South London Guide 2012