southlondon guide.co.uk the definitive guide to South East & South West London
East Dulwich Property Guide: Dulwich Park  
SLG Home
Home History Information Property Advertise
SL Districts Welcome to East Dulwich Property Guide  

Abbey Wood

Anerley & Penge
Beckenham
Bermondsey
Bexley
Blackheath
Borough
Brixton
Brockley
Bromley
Camberwell
Catford
Charlton
Croydon
Crystal Palace
Deptford
Dulwich Village
East Dulwich
Elephant and Castle
Eltham
Forest Hill
Greenwich
Herne Hill
Kennington
Lee
Lewisham
New Cross
Old Kent Road
Peckham
Rotherhithe
Southbank
Sydenham
Walworth
West Norwood
Woolwich
Local info
Beauval Road
Court Lane
Dovercourt Road

This was the last of the green field sites to be developed at the end of the Nineteenth Century. Most are red brick  with later Edwardian and prewar houses as well. Court Farm became Dulwich Park in 
Click here for a Map of Dulwich in 1862 showing Court Lane 
Shops: Dulwich Plough
Buses: 12, 40, 197, 176 & 185 
Rail: East Dulwich (40, 176, 185)
Park: Dulwich Park

map
Runs from Townley Road up to Woodwarde Road. Named in 1894.

map
Joins East Dulwich with the Village. Court Lane in Dulwich Village was named after Court Farm (pictured top left). Shown on map of 1862.

map
Built on hillside with views of London. Named in 1908 after Dovercourt in Essex. Edwardian houses. 
       
Eynella Road
Lordship Lane

Townley Road

Woodwarde Road
 
map
Runs from Lordship Lane to Court Lane. Shown on 1862 map as a footpath. The name is basically Alleyn backwards!
Local recommendation: The Plough
map
The old boundary of Dulwich and Friern Manor, it extends from Goose Green to Sydenham Hill.
Mostly late Victorian from 1880s with many good shops etc. 
Famous resident: Enid Blyton was born at No 354. 
Busy with heavy traffic and buses.Local recommendation: Dulwich Plough Shops, Bars
map
Links Lordship Lane with East Dulwich Grove. Named in 1884 it refers to Edward Alleyn’s mother whose maiden name was Townley. Fine views of Alleyn’s School playing fields.
Local recommendation: The Mag
map
Runs from Dulwich Library to Dulwich Village. Named in 1884 after Joan Woodwarde, Edward Alleyn’s. first wife. It was built on an old footpath  as shown on this 1862 map
Local recommendation: The Plough
       
East Dulwich Property

 

Dulwich Design
(c) South London Guide 2016