southlondon guide.co.uk the definitive guide to South East & South West London

New Cross Property Guide: Hatcham Park roads

 
SLG Home
Home History Information Property Advertise
SL Districts    

Abbey Wood

Anerley & Penge
Beckenham
Bermondsey
Bexley
Blackheath
Borough
Brixton
Brockley
Bromley
Camberwell
Catford
Charlton
Croydon
Crystal Palace
Deptford
Dulwich Village
East Dulwich
Elephant and Castle
Eltham
Forest Hill
Greenwich
Herne Hill
Kennington
Lee
Lewisham
New Cross
Old Kent Road
Peckham
Rotherhithe
Southbank
Sydenham
Walworth
West Norwood
Woolwich

Hatcham Info

Billington Road

Brighton Grove

Casella Road

History: Hatcham House, also called Hatcham Park, was the manor house of the estate of Hatcham more info
The Hatcham Conservation
area was designated in 1990
Buees: 21. 36. 53. 171, 172, 436, 453
Rail: New Cross Gate
London Overground: New Cross Gate

Map
Victorian
History: Named in 1870 as Billington Street, in 1885 changed to Road. Billington is 6 miles north of Blackburn.

Small terrace off Harts Lane that was built in 1858 for the employees of the London & Brighton Railway. Peaceful road.

 

Built by site of Hatcham Park House demolished in 1869.
       

Egmont Street

Harts Lane

Hatcham Park Road

New Cross Road

Built by site of Hatcham Park House demolished in 1869.


Until 1850s was known as George Lane.

Originally Five Bells Lane after old tavern on its corner. Developed from 1848 after the Five bells public house was rebuilt. It was renamed Hatcham Park Road in 1850. Before 1874 it had two terraces, South Terrace and Alexander Terrace. 

New Cross Road Originally Kent Road. Renamed New Cross Road in 1863. 1875 photo

       

New Cross Property

South London Guide

 

Dulwich Design
(c) South London Guide 2012